Daily Cleaning Checklist
Do you sometimes find yourself doing pretty much anything except for the task that you initially set out to do? You're not alone. Studies show that - at one time or another - most people put something off until later when it could have been done today. Cleaning the home is no different – daily chores can often fall victim to procrastination. The good news is, a little bit each day can go a long way in keeping your home consistently clean and tidy. Breaking things down into a checklist also makes things manageable, and crossing things off as you go is about as therapeutic as it gets! (…or is that just us?)
Try to keep each group of tasks around the 25-minute mark. It's relatively easy to put a small block of time aside and you'll be done before you know it.
Monday – Weekly planning and living room
Create your schedule! Monday is a great time to plan for the week ahead. Our list is a good place to start, but everyone's day is different so feel free to chop and change if you need to. Once you've worked out your routine, you're good to go!
- Pick up any loose items laying around
- Vacuum floors and carpets
- Dust and wipe all visible surfaces
- Remove any fingerprints from the TV
- Wipe down the coffee table.
Tuesday - Bathroom
- Wash towels - our natural lavender laundry detergent is highly effective and smells a treat!
- Wipe down the sink, bathtub and shower
- Clean the mirror and any glass surfaces
- Wipe down the toilet seat and clean the bowl
- (Bathroom cleaning hack: take a few extra minutes while you're in the shower to squeegee the glass)
Wednesday - Bedrooms
- Change the bedding
- Tidy up the closet
- Vacuum floors and carpets
Thursday – Kitchen
- Clean the sink
- Load dishwasher
- Wipe down counter tops
- Straighten pantry and throw out any expired food
- Wipe out microwave
- Sweep and mop the floors - a quick once over with our Natural Floor Cleaner is all it takes
Friday – Dining room
- Put any random items away
- Wipe down the dining table and all visible surfaces, such as window sills
- Dust the table and any other surfaces
Saturday – Around the house
- Tidy up the rooms
- Put things away
- Do laundry
- Wash/wipe down windows
- Sweep entryways
- Take out the garbage
- Sweep and vacuum any rooms that need it – and don't forget the stairs if you have them!
Sunday – relax!!
It's time to relax! Following our daily cleaning checklist will help you to chip away at the to-do list, leaving you with more time to focus on the fun stuff.
Like anything, making sure you have the right tools makes getting the job done much easier. Our all-natural cleaning products are made with natural ingredients and organic essential oils and are highly effective at fighting dirt and stains in any room of the house. Shop the full product range here.
If outsourcing is more your thing, we can take care of that too. Book a cleaning service and our dedicated teams will take care of the rest.